neděle 4. listopadu 2012

What Am I Up To Now?


 

Recently I had a couple of weird ideas about decks I could build - they were mostly just for fun and could not be very efficient but where's the fun in playing efficient decks?? :-) Here are some of the possibilities together with some comments as to WHY and WTfrig.



Stupid idea #1: DOM FOR OBT POT (tha) deck ft. Marcus Vitel Adv. and/or Luca Italicus w/ Lord Vauxhall and one or two other little dudes as support.

WHY? Because I am desperate to use Black Metamorphoses somewhere, I have three extra Heroic Mights and still haven't utilized all my Freak Drives (or - Tariq-Fatima deck proved too unstable and unfunny - sometimes funny for me but not so much for the rest of the guys, but much more often not even for me). Since POT OBT DOM is not a huge problem, why those big scary guys (and both of them are 10 caps, screw them)? Because of the huge cost of Heroic Might and Black Metamorphosis and the need to multiact somehow (thus the FOR, will come in handy in combat too, obviously). Right now I'm in the phase of "is it worth the time and effort and Deflections I don't have enough of or not". When ready, this deck could do some serious damage by bleeding and rushing, but I have the feeling it won't be so easy in the end. We'll see if we'll ever see.



Stupid idea #2: Hazimel & Mata Hari multiacting bleed, bind and bounce!

WHY? My reason to try and build this weird and probably unusable thing is that Sensory Deprivations are cool and Nighmare Curses are even better! Aside from that - they published two great cards for CHI AUS and then gave us like 3 guys who can inherently play them at superior and one of them is a friggin Tremere! Can anyone enlighten me as to why is it so? And because I think both Nightmare Curse and Heart's Desire are really cute little thingies (and my last attempt at using them was not a huge success, weenies and discipline cards suck even with Lilith's Blessing) I just have to try to prove they are actually playable to some extent. Both Hazimel and Mata Hari have great abilities; maybe I'll later try out Wamukota or Durga Syn or Genina, but right now Mata Hari seems to be the best quasi-support for Hazimel to me.


Stupid idea #3: Salubri and Salubri ONLY deck!

Yeah, we've moved to the realm of pure ridiculousness now. Three nights ago me and my friend Silmegil were sitting in a pub and talked about those very important things in life like what deck should I build next and my friend said - why don't you build a Spirit Marionette deck? It can do some nice things and nobody really plays it here. Then we went home and next day I started doing my research. I found out some interesting things:

1. The 2nd group vampires cost in appropriate numbers roughly the same as my Volkswagen.
2. Never build a deck without first researching the availability of the desired cards and never get too excited about an idea.
3. The scarce penalty is a bitch.

So, why Salubri only? Because I don't believe in decks where one dude does this and another dude does something else. Maybe it's because I'm a crappy deckbuilder (which is probably true, I must say), but I just don't believe these things can work. And nobody tried that out before me, judging from the deck archive on http://www.secretlibrary.info. So Minion Tapping, Renewing Vigor and sometimes maybe doing something forwards shall it be! I moved a little bit sideways from the standard Marionette + Heidelberg stuff (but I play both of these cards to some extent, just not as many of them as is probably common).


And that's about it for today, work to do (translators don't have weekends as other people do, they just work or don't work) and later in the evening beer to drink! Feel free to share your thoughts in the discussion below.

Carpe noctem.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat